Crank was started in 2010 as a homegrown Portland bike shop. Starting off doing fittings and customization in a 250 square foot space sub-let from a micro gym, the dream has grown into a full service neigborhood bikeshop. With the vision of helping all riders, from commuters to racers, we have dedicated ourselves to constantly growing and improving the world of cycling here in Portland.
Our hope is that by creating a fun and exciting community, we can take it with us, wherever we ride.
Some notables about the shop: all recyclable materials (metal, rubber, cardboard, plastic) are recycled locally; as much as possible, we use earth friendly soaps, degreasers, greases and oils; we love, maybe even Love, helping new people join the cycling community. No matter your level of experience, we can help!; we always have Spella Coffee (cold brew in the summer) and something to nibble on to ease your ride; Cránk sponsors as many local race teams, children’s programs, and BTA events as we can! (Want on the list? give us a ring!)
Over the last year we’ve been host to some great events. From music shows and fundraisers, to grass roots politics, we’ve done it all. If you are interested in renting our space to have an event, or in having us donate it for an evening to your non-profit, swing by and check it out or give us a call!
Check Back soon!
Location / Hours
We are located in the Kerns neighbourhood, close to Laurelhurst Park, and one block south of the SE Ankeny bikeway. We often have hot coffee provided by Spella Caffe.
Monday through Saturday 10am to 6pm
- Where can I buy/sell used bikes, frames parts?
- Our favorite place for that is our neighbors CityBikes, they are awesome, and just down the street from us.
- What size bike do I need?
- We can tell you, but not without seeing you in person. Bike sizing is complex, much more than “Can you stand over it?”.
- How much to fix my _____?
- We can make an estimate, but to give you an accurate idea we will need to see the bike/part in question. Repairs can be simple or complex, and it’s impossible to tell without seeing it.
- When I ride my bike _____ hurts, what do I need to adjust?
- As with repairs, bike fit adjustments can be simple or complex, and without seeing the bike, and you, theres no way to predict the adjustments that need to be made.